I love Superbowl Sunday, and not just because of the game. I love the great snacks, foods and desserts that we enjoy on game day! Today I thought I’d share a super easy and yummy Coconut Yogurt Cupcake made with Chobani yogurt!
UPDATE: I totally flaked and forgot to take pictures of the vanilla cupcakes, so when I made the chocolate version I used these babies as reference. Sorry!
This recipe will give you about 20 cupcakes:
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
For the Frosting
- 1/3 Cup of Chobani Yogurt
- 1/2 Cup of Store bought Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line your cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together egg yolks and add butter and sugar. Fold yogurt and vanilla into egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Combine yolk mixture and egg whites. Gently fold in flour.
- Bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Fold store bought icing and Chobani Yogurt until well blended. Using a sandwich bag or a piping bag if you have one, pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes.
The family gave this recipe a thumbs up (literally) and I think it was pretty tasty. So go on and make yourself a batch and watch how your team 😉 will eat this up!